Sourced from sustainable forests
Our Normandy shutters are manufactured from the hardwood of the Kiri tree, one of the most sustainable and fastest growing tree species.
- Has one of the highest strength to weight ratios.
- Is free of volatile oils and low in resin, improving its fire-retardant properties compared to other timbers.
- Is naturally resistant to rotting, decay and borer beetles.
- Is an excellent insulator.
Quality in the making
Manufactured and installed to best practice European and American quality standards.
- Overlapping rabbet stiles for improved light block-out and privacy.
- Reinforced engineered stiles with laminated timber core for high level of durability and structural integrity.
- Mortise and tenon joints to withstand shear stress and twisting forces.
- Quarter sawn louvres, for higher dimensional stability to resist cupping, twisting and warping.
- Meticulous assembly process that includes five separate hand sandings and five coats of your ideal paint or stain colour.
- Special shaped shutters for angled and curved openings
- 3 louvre sizes – 63, 89 and 114mm
- 3 tilt rod options – traditional, off-set and secret tilt
- Widest range of frame choices on the market
- A standard palette of 50 natural and solid colours or stains, as well as custom colours