AMERICAN shutters® offer a five-year comprehensive warranty on their Security Shutters and a three-year comprehensive warranty on all their other shutter ranges.
|Product is free from defects||Products not ordered within specification|
|Workmanship is free from defects||Unauthorised repairs/alterations|
|Installation when undertaken by AMERICAN shutters or an authorised dealer||Fair wear and tear|
|Colour fastness||Consequential loss or damages|
|All moving parts|
|All hardware, including locks|
|All components whether manufactured by AMERICAN shutters or not|
|Coastal and inland properties|
|Warranty transfer to new owners|
|Exterior installations (2 years)|
All our products are manufactured under strict specification guidelines. Should a customer request to deviate from these specifications, it will be pointed out to them that the warranty will fall away.
When comparing the guarantees or warranties of different companies, please take note of the following:
- How long the company has been operating; how stable are they, will they be around to honour the warranty offered and deliver the required after-sales service.
- What is the company’s track record; take a look at their portfolio and ask for customer reviews.
- How comprehensive is the warranty; does it cover all components or are certain excluded or subject to shorter periods. Pay careful attention to any exclusions.
- Check whether the warranty is being offered directly from the manufacturer i.e. AMERICAN shutters®, or is it a reseller warranty. If the warranty is by the reseller, will the correct shutter range be specified and will the shutters be installed correctly?
- Does the warranty period provide adequate time to detect any defects in the material and or workmanship?
- Does your installation warranty match your product warranty?