When one looks at how closely AMERICAN shutters’ Security Shutters match the aesthetic beauty of their wooden shutters, it is not surprising that they are fast becoming the preferred shutter range for both external and internal installations.
Just try and spot the difference between our Timber Shutters and our Security Shutters
“When designing our Security Shutters, we focused not only on the safety features but the aesthetic features as well,” says Karina Palmer, interior designer and marketing director of AMERICAN shutters. “It was imperative that this range upheld our reputation for uncompromised style.”
There are many security shutters on the market, some more industrial looking than others, but none with the same stylistic refinement and design features of the AMERICAN shutters’ range. The qualitative difference is most evident in the small details, that collectively make the difference.
One of the reasons AMERICAN shutters’ timber shutters have been the preferred choice for architects and interior designers for a long time, is their unique hidden
AMERICAN shutters’ Security Shutter range has the same feature, and it is the only one of its kind on the market. Other differentiating features include:
- Installation systems designed with built-in light blocks to reduce light seepage through gaps
- Most sturdy panel fixings on the market to ensure structural integrity
- Powder-coated hinges to match the shutter finish
- Small keyhole that does not detract from the overall look of the shutter
- The bolt system is hidden in the shutter frame to keep the clean streamlined appearance
- Colour matched top and bottom tracks
- Widest choice of frames and configurations
- Smooth louvre operation
- Architraves on Bi-Fold and By-Pass shutters give shutters a finished framed look
- Ability to match shutter design aesthetics across different windows and doors
These industry-leading quality and design features have made shutters an option for more homes. Although admired for their beauty, wood shutters were historically not a viable security option for many homes; as they offer only a visual, not a practical security measure. For this reason, homeowners needed to install conventional safety barriers such as expandable security gates and burglar proofing, which restrict the ways a door or window openings can be dressed or finished. In many cases, timber shutters do not work well in conjunction with traditional security features, so choices are restricted to either curtains or blinds.
Thankfully, because of AMERICAN shutters’ Security Shutters Range, this has changed.