Sourced from sustainable forests
Our Normandy shutters are manufactured from the hardwood of the Kiri tree, one of the most sustainable and fastest growing tree species.
- Has one of the highest strength to weight ratios.
- Is free of volatile oils and low in resin, improving its fire-retardant properties compared to other timbers.
- Is naturally resistant to rotting, decay and borer beetles.
- Is an excellent insulator.
Quality in the making
Manufactured and installed to best practice European and American quality standards.
- Overlapping rabbet stiles for improved light block-out and privacy.
- Reinforced engineered stiles with laminated timber core for high level of durability and structural integrity.
- Mortise and tenon joints to withstand shear stress and twisting forces.
- Quarter sawn louvres give a tighter grain and higher dimensional stability to resist cupping, twisting and warping.
- Superior finishes include multiple hand-sanding and finishing sequences for a richer, more lustrous result.
- Our presrcibed conditioning dries the wood to emulate the environmental conditions of the shutter location. This reduces post-installation shrinking and swelling.same as our Security Shutters.
- Special shaped shutters for angled and curved openings
- 3 louvre sizes – 63, 89 and 114mm
- 3 tilt rod options – traditional, off-set and secret tilt
- Widest range of frame choices on the market
- A standard palette of 68 natural and solid colours or stains
- Custom colours available
- 85% to 95% light block
- Shutters don’t offer total block-out; the amount of block-out depends on the type of installation
|Louvre size (mm)
|Minimum Height (mm)
|Maximum Height (mm)
|Minimum Width (mm’s per panel)
|Maximum Width Hinged (mm’s per panel)
|Maximum Width Double-Hinged (mm’s per panel)
|Maximum Width Bi-Fold (mm’s per panel)
|Maximum Width By-Pass (mm’s per panel)
|Mid Rail Required if Height > (mm)
The swatches below are digitally presented, therefore may not accurately represent the finish. We strongly suggest that you view the samples in person to make your choice.
Normandy Shutters are available in a choice of 36 coated colours and 32 stained colours, including: